Monday, June 22, 2009

Jon & Kate Plus 8

I know, I know, what business do I have in commenting on their life. I don't really, but I just finished watching the "announcement" and reading their blog, and I felt , I don't know, PITY for them.

Here were all these comments of individuals scolding and judging people they have no right to judge. I have to admit I was one of them- I have my own opinions about both of them, I 'm choosing not to share them. Nobody knows what went on behind the scenes and have any clue about how hard they tried to stay together. They believe they do, but really no clue!

I am a little shocked about all the publicity that is surrounding them. You'd have thought it was the first "celebrity" divorce ever! Divorce is ramp id in stardom! I guess when you think people will beat the odds, you are surprised when they don't.

I will just say that I feel bad for them and their kids. I imagine divorce is never fun. Unless you are Jon and you feel a little "excited." Oops, did I just say that, out loud? So much for remaining unbiased. Don't worry I have opinions about Kate too. I'm trying to be nice here!

3 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

Yes, I too am sure they're not the first "celebrities" to divorce.

I bet that creepy plastic-faced King from the Burger King commercials has had a few marriages.

Jayleen said...

I recorded it last night and just watched it. I feel bad for their family, especially the kids, and I really do hate all the publicity that is surrounding them...the kids deserve better.

Darrell and Alissa said...

I have watched the show since it started and have let my kids watch it also. Now I am a little annoyed that since all the "scandals" my kids can't watch it anymore- they don't need to know about them getting seperated. The show was suppose to be about the kids and how they function as a family- next week is a recap of their 10 years of marriage- why is this getting so much stinking publicity?! Do they really think their kids will want this all over while they deal with their parents seperation/ divorce? I laughed out loud when Jon said he felt excited- obviously he did NOT think that little comment through before it came out! He seems like he has just checked out- Kate seems like she cares, but kind of in a self righteous way. I don't want to judge them- but i have NEVER seen any other celebraty going through a divorce handle it like this- I wonder how much is TLC's doing? Or if it's just to answer questions so the media will back off. In any case- the whole thing is just REALLY sad! I cried the week it was the kids birthday party- that was the most uncomfortable show to watch- and my heart broke for both of them and the kids. I better stop- I have a lot to say on this- but this is already WAY too long!! I just wonderif they would have stopped the show last year when Jon said he didn't like doing it anymore, if it would have helped or if it was already too late by then. Sad, sad sad!!