Saturday, November 7, 2009

33rd Birthday!!

I have to be honest and say that I thought this birthday would be terrible for me. I knew Dustin would be working this weekend. It would be my first birthday without him. On my list of things to do were: finish cleaning, catch up with laundry, run around town for Dustin trying to find the CTR pins he needed and make a salad for his stake dinner (he still has not been released from his Stake YM calling, life has been crazy). Sounds fun huh? Yeah that's why I was little bummed.

Dustin told me he planned on taking me out to dinner on Friday. I was happy that we would be able to celebrate a little, even if it was a day before my birthday.

Friday rolled around and I was getting ready. I thought of where I might want to go. I always like to try new places, but I felt like Wingers. I love chicken! I wanted to look good, so I dressed up nice. Dustin came in and said, "Hey, do you mind if I just wear a t-shirt?" I wanted to strangle him! Could he at least act like this was a special occasion!

"No, I don't care what you wear." That's all I could say. It's a dumb birthday anyway.

We all climbed in the van, my bad attitude and all. I was still mad that Dustin was in a t-shirt. Dustin's sister, Taryn, offered to watch our kids for us. It would be nice not paying for a sitter.

We made it to Taryn's and Dustin said, "Larae, will you go get Taryn? I need her help." I went, but was curiuos to what he was talking about. We hadn't brought anything! I went any way. I knocked on the door and Taryn opened the door. I heard a loud, "SURPRISE!!" I was totally shocked! All of Dustin's family was there and a few of my friends, the Cordero's and Bullough's. I couldn't believe it! It was a surprise party, for me.

I had such a good night visiting with everyone. I was so thankful. Thanks Taryn and everybody who helped! Thanks for making my bleak, pitiful birthday into a memorable one!

5 comments:

ChicChat said...

Happy Birthday! It was fun celebrating it with you and your fam. We love You!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Happy late birthday! Glad it wasn't a chore doing boring weekend for you!!

Rach said...

oh! Larae, I'm so sorry we missed it. You'll probably appreciate us not sharing our germs. We all had a nasty 24 hour virus. It hit me Thursday night, and Phil on Friday. We would have loved to have been there to celebrate! Hope it was wonderful! We still want to do dinner, let us know when a good night is for you two... I have a little something to get to you :)

Audrey Taylor said...

Did you cry?!!
Taryn sent everybody an email intive like a month ago! I wish I could have been there too :>

Kristin said...

That is SO awesome! I'm glad you had a good b-day.