Saturday, November 28, 2009

Let the Chaos Begin...

The holiday season is here! I have to admit that I love this time of year, but truly it is exhausting!

We celebrated Thanksgiving here at home this year. It was the "in-law year" for Dustin's family and normally we make it to Las Vegas, but this year circumstances were different. I'm hoping to at least make it in a few months!

It was a fun day. We had my little family, Dustin's mom and dad, and his brother, Spencer. His Grandma Nelson also joined us! I made some cute little turkey place settings, but forgot to get a picture, the table was so cute! We visited a few hours and then the day was done. I will say how lucky we were to have Dustin home for the holiday! It's a luxury, I'm finding out.



Here's a picture of out cute center piece. I found everything on clearance at Wal-Mart and put it together. It only cost me around $12!I love good deals! I wish I had the turkeys, they were so cute!

I woke up at 11:30 pm Thanksgiving night to make the best of "Black Friday". Holy cow!!! Toys R Us was crazy, I never made it in the store. They were only letting about 30 people in every 20-30 minutes. I would've been there FOREVER!!

I then made my way to Old Navy to wait in line. I got there at 1:30 am. My friend Camille joined me around 2. It was nice not to wait in the cold by myself, or in the amazingly long line at Old Navy that took an hour and a half to get through. Thanks, Camille.

I finally made it home at 6:45. I was tired, but I got everything I wanted! Target, Carter's, and Children's place were a breeze compared to that Old Navy. Dustin let me sleep all I wanted. thanks, hon! I got up around 12 and got ready for the day to do some more shopping! I was tired, but I sure was in a good mood! Who wouldn't be after spending all day doing what you love to do!!!Now I'm looking forward to wrapping it all and getting the Christmas decorations up!!

3 comments:

ChicChat said...

It was fun...even if we had to wait an hour and a half to pay. I love the time I get to spend with you! *Even if it's at 2:00am :)I'm glad you had a successful shopping day too!

Shauna said...

Sounds fun..and crazy! :)

Jayleen said...

Cute centerpiece, I LOVE deals too! I've never shopped on black friday, but sounds like you got some great deals :)