Sunday, November 22, 2009

He Suffered for Me!!

I realize I have been slacking on my daily thanks. Trust me, I have been thankful in my heart each day. I just haven't had the opportunity to stop, gather thoughts, and then write. It's a very time consuming process.

My thanks today is expressed toward my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know my words could never do Him justice, but I would like to try.

His example was was flawless! We are commanded to be like Him. At times that seems overwhelming and impossible to me. I am more "flesh" than I would like to admit. I lack compassion, love, and kindness at times. Obedience is hard to do without whining. How am I ever going to be "like Him" ?

I know that if I try to become like Him on my own, I will never make it. I don't have to do anything alone. He suffered and gave His life, so I wouldn't be alone. He suffered ALL things: our fears, our infirmities, weaknesses, sadness, heart breaks, so He would know how to help us. I am so grateful for this.

When we feel like we have done our best, what a blessing to turn it over to Him to make up the difference. My shack will be a mansion, my pinto a corvette (although I would really like a nice suburban), my tuna casserole fillet Mignon! What a miracle!!

He did all this because He loves me and wants me back Home. When I fail to reach my potential I realize it is because I am lacking faith to use the Atonemant in my life. How sad. After all that he did why would I waste it, why would I not cease every opportunity to be better? Well, I'm working on it. I want to live my best life and that will only happen if I allow him in to make me who I need to be!!

0 comments: