Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fun Fall Project

I'm not one for decorating up my house, but I do love the little projects my kids make. I wanted a cute something for Thanksgiving. I found a cute idea and wanted to try it out.

First go gather all your materials. You will need:



paper plate
fall colored paints
paint brush (I like the foam brushes for the kids)
fall leaves,pine cones (we went on a nature walk and found what we needed)
cute ribbon
pumpkin seeds (maybe beans will work or almonds)
buttons
glue
hot glue gun

We cut a hole out of the plate and then painted it brown. Next, glue on your leaves. After that you glue on you seeds and buttons. I then had the kids paint the seeds any fall colors they wanted. Last, we glued on the bow. I used the glue gun to glue loose items and bow.




I think they turned out really cute. I placed them on easels to display as a center piece, but I think kids would like them in their rooms too.


4 comments:

Maggie & Nate said...

That idea sounds so fun!!! :0)

ChicChat said...

Those turned out really cute and I bet the kids enjoyed using their creative side.

BrieAnn said...

So cute!

Shauna said...

What a cute idea! How fun!