Saturday, January 21, 2012

Dustin has gone back on graves. Oh how we really don't like this shift in our house! It beats swings though.

We have had to adjust to him being gone at night and being quiet in the day. No family should have to endure that! But we are willing because he gets to do a job that he loves. And having a happy dad is worth lots!

One bright side is all the afternoon time we get with him. The boys have loved going to the church in the afternoon to practice basketball. While they are practicing, the girls are wearing themselves out playing line-tag. I do laps in the gym. We are all getting our exercise in and having family fun time!

Dustin is hoping to tryout for the Motors this spring. Hope he gets it! Not only will he be able to ride a motorcycle, which he loves, but he will work 4 10s and no weekends or holidays! It was yucky that he had to work this Christmas! I would like to not repeat it.

He is still on SWAT. He has some interesting stories to tell all the time. I have decided criminals are not so bright!

I know his job is dangerous, but he loves it so much. It's great seeing him so happy! And the uniform doesn't hurt either ! :)

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yuck, I feel the same way about graves...and swings! Isaac is the school resource officer now so he works school hours, which is awesome! Unfortunately he can only have this position for 3 years, then it's back to patrol. Darn it. And I hear you on the Christmas thing. Very depressing. I'm glad there's someone who can relate to how I feel about it! Good luck to Dustin with the motors! :)