Thursday, January 19, 2012

Inner Child

We were watching television and a narrator came on and started talking about parents' inner child.

"Moms don't have an inner child." I turned around to see who had just said that. It was Kate!

"What does that mean?" I asked, a little defensive. "Do you know what that means?"

"Yeah. It means that they do crazy, fun things. Dads have inner child. Like when he throws us or tickles us. That's inner child."

Oh. She knows. It made me a little sad. So I'm happy to report that the next day Kate received a piggy back ride and joined me in a joy dance. Just trying to show my inner child. And I'll make it a point to do it more often!

3 comments:

i said...

yeah, my husband's inner child is WAY cooler than mine too. we can do better. yup.

ChicChat said...

I have to agree a little with Kate...(not about you, about me.) I need to make more of an effort to spend "fun, crazy time" w/ my kids.

Kristin said...

I could copy and paste this (as long as I changed names), and it would all be true. Here's to letting our inner child run free and wild! :)