Monday, April 6, 2020

Holy Monday: Jesus Cleansed The Temple

 We’ve been stuck in our home for so long. I felt we were in need of a field trip. Knowing Jesus cleared the temple on this day, I felt we should venture to our own Temple. They are doing work in the Salt Lake Temple. It will be closed for 4 years. It will be restored and even more beautiful than before. We had the temple grounds all to ourselves! In John 2 as Christ cleansed the temple of money changers, he likened His body to a temple. I challenged my family to think of what “cleansing” they might need to do in their own life. I reminded them that He didn’t come in softly and politely. He flipped tables, wielding a scourge He made himself. Change is hard. It can turn things upside down. And that’s ok. We usually come out better for it.








0 comments: