Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Holy Wendesday: No Record

 There’s no record in the 4 gospels of what happened on this day. Some say he most likely taught in the temple (Luke 21 ends saying in the morning people came to hear him in the temple. But I’m not sure if it’s a new day, or referencing the current day). Others believe he stayed in Bethany among friends. A little rest from all the crazy. I can relate to that. He knew what lay ahead. I would want a moment with loved ones. I would want a moment to myself to reflect. I would need a break from all of it!! Part of me has difficulty seeing Jesus take a pause. Mostly from his response to his mother at the age of 12 when he was found in the temple: “How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?” But maybe it wasn’t for him. Maybe he knew those who loved him would need it. 




0 comments: