Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cute Kid Things...

Grace came home from church today with a list of her talents. She's so cute! I'm glad she knows and believes in herself.

Grace's Talents
1. gymnastics (she learned to do a back bend, that's her gymnastics)
2. I'm good at making friends
3. good at cooking cookies
4. I'm good at art
5. I'm good at cleaning
She came home with this cute little poem:
Every star is different,
And so is every child.
Some are bright and happy
and some are meek and mild.
Everyone is needed
for just what he can do.
You're the only person
who ever can be you.
One of the greatest truths is that we are all different and have our own roles to perform on earth. It is so important to find what those are.
Ryan wrote his very own talk for Primary. I got a little chocked up because I had forgotten to write it, but he said he wrote his own. It was a proud moment for me. It was so simple, but the gospel is that way! Here's his talk on baptism.
"When we are baptized, we're confirmed to be a member of the church. When you're baptized you make covenants to Heavenly Father. You get the gift of the Holy ghost, so you know when you do right or wrong by a simple feeling. One of the most important covenants is keeping the commandments. Being baptized is very important, it is the first step to having Eternal Life. I'd like to beary (I love it when they say that) my testimony. I know the church is true. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet, and that Pres. Monson is the true prophet today. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
He wrote that all by himself, I promise I didn't help. What a good kid!
Becca and I were walking, quickley, to the restroom during church. I was in a "gotta get her to the bathroom" zone. I hadn't noticed what we had just passed, but Becca did! She stopped and ran to a LARGE (how did I miss it?) picture of Christ and said, "Mom, Jesus!"
"That is Jesus," I ackowledged.
"He's so beautiful. I like him, " she said. I smiled at her. I was glad she spotted him.
"He is beautiful," I agreed.
I think I do that too much in life. I get in my tunnel vision and forget to recognize His presence in my life. After all, it is because of Him that I am blessed everyday. I need to stop and recognize Him. Thanks Becca! They really teach us don't they.

1 comments:

Audrey Taylor said...

Wow, I'm proud of Aaron, too. It's true, sometimes our little children don't have very many words yet, but they definately can recognize and say, "Jesus!"