Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Message for Oprah

The other night I had a dream that I was on the Oprah Show. It was a little fuzzy about the topic of the show, but I was CLEARLY explaining to her that we are all children of God.

I have no idea where this came from! I know Oprah believes in God. I think she is aware that we are God's children. The only thing is that I was so angry with her because she didn't believe in the pre-mortal life. I was trying to explain it to her. I couldn't understand the thinking that, "yes, we are God's children, but we did not live with Him before we came here." (I do not know if this is Oprah's true belief, just my crazy dream)

I am so thankful for this knowledge! I think it a true blessing to know where I came from. The revelation of the Plan of Salvation is one of the greatest, I believe. I couldn't imagine going through life (excuse the common phrases) not knowing "who am I," "why am I here," and "where I am going?"

I was watching Dr. Phil the other night. A young mother had lost her husband in a car accident. She was so, so sad. You could almost touch her grief. She knew of God and believed in an after life, but she didn't know the whole truth. She was unaware that her husband was fine, that her husband has a purpose on the other side, that her sweet family could be together forever. She was pregnant with their third child. It made her angry that her baby would never know her father. What a comfort the truths of the gospel are. I wanted to jump through the screen and hug her, tell her all about what I know to be true.

If I could have one wish, it would be to shout this from the roof tops! I think that's where Oprah comes in. I have had a burning desire lately to tell the world of the Restoration. Has anyone else been feeling this? I don't know, maybe I should write Oprah and let her know I had an "ah-ha" moment and everybody needs to hear it!

4 comments:

Rach said...

If anyone could convince Oprah of the truth, it would be you. You are a shining example of the gospel with how you are raising your family and treat others.

Audrey Taylor said...

I actually have... I met this lady and her family at a park by my house and she was very enthusiastic about giving me her phone number and walking together. Today was the first time I met her to walk and I had everything I wanted to say to her. I rehersed it in my mind on the way. And when we were walking I just didn't say it. I need the courage and conviction to have the desire to let the good news out.

Taryn said...

Larae your so cute!
My mom was telling me about an experience that my dad had, when he felt the spirit he just wanted to tell everyone he loved them. Wow..my dad (can u believe it). I think that as we fell the spirit we want to share our good news with everyone so it doesn't suprise me that you dreamt you were on Oprah shouting it out to the world. You're a very spiritual person and I admire you very much!!!

Kristin said...

That's a pretty cool dream. I pay quite a bit of attention to my dreams these days and know there are things to learn from them. I'm also sure that there is a reason you have a burning desire to tell the world of the Restoration. Maybe that burning desire is a key that will guide you to fulfill one of your missions in life. Of course I want to share the Gospel with others, but I haven't been experiencing the burning desire that you seem to be feeling. I never watch Oprah, so be sure to let me know in advance when you'll be on so I can tune in that day! ;)