Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My New Haircut

I have been toying with the idea of cutting my hair for a while. I have been growing it out since February of '07. I finally got it past my shoulders! It was a lot of work and patience for me. A big accomplishment in my mind considering my hair was what my boys called "a boy's haircut."

After seeing my sister-in-law's cute new style, I wanted it even more. Thanks Audrey! So I did it. I chopped it off. It's not as short as before. Dustin told me he liked it longer. They cut 5 inches off! Usually I have to be careful when I tell them to cut 1 inch!

I really like the change. It was nice to have long hair again. I just found myself always pulling it back. I don't think that is an attractive style. I'm getting used to it. I have now used a flat iron. I was scared at first, but I'm getting the hang of it. I LOVE change!


11 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

It looks so cute! Flat irons are the greatest! We don't use curling irons anymore here- flat irons are very versetile! I am dying to cut my hair, but I promised the kids we would all grow it out- ugggg!!! Ponytails are not the cutest hairstyles!
Hey if we came for Thanksgiving would you guys come down too? I'm pretty sure we are coming, but I want to see as much family as I can.

Shauna said...

Very Cute!!

Mhari said...

It is a very cute hair cut Larae. I was also curious about the Scott Simmons you have the quote from. We have a Scott Simmons who is in our ward but works for CES and is actually the bishop of our singles ward so I wondered if it was the same one. Just a random thought. :-)

Janelle said...

I love it! Makes me want to cut my hair too. I am so tired of summer ponytails! I love reading your blog! You have great insights!

Audrey Taylor said...

Whoa, beautiful!
Dark hair and sexy eyes. Larae you are pretty no matter what you do. Isn't change fun? One of these days all mine will come off. I like the short hair, but I have so much wave that I'm afraid of what it would look like on me. You did good!

Taryn said...

VERY NICE! I like it! I have learned that when my hair is short I HAVE to do it. Whenever mine is long I ponytail it everyday too! I like you with short hair! My favorite was when it was really short and you had it flipped up in back!

Rach said...

So darling! I love it. We really need to get together and get caught up. Life seems to have slowed down a little since school has started. I'll call and let's set something up!

Kristin said...

You look great! I think your new haircut is super cute!

The Bach 10 said...

Loved it!! What a fantastic idea for a post. I was wondering what you would post today. It was great to see you at VB. Hope you had fun!!

BrieAnn said...

It looks great!

Jayleen said...

It's darling on you! It's always fun to have a change. I'm finding myself pulling my hair back more often than not now that I'm growing it out. I'm sure I'll get tired of it and chop it again!