Sunday, September 14, 2008

What's Going on in Dustin's Life

Dustin was set apart today as the Stake YM's 1st Counselor today. He will not be released as a High Councilor until the middle of next month. They need his help on a few things before he can be released. I feel really bad because he is going to be so busy. The kids have been asking for him all day today. He's usually done with meetings at about 2:00 on Sundays, not today. With both callings he has lived at the church all day. We'll probably see him around 8 or 8:30. I kind of got a taste of what the wives of our church leaders must go through, only on a lot less scale. It's hard having your husband gone. I couldn't imagine it going on for days.



For those of you who don't know, Dustin is planning to try to get on the Highway Patrol. He sold his bike on Friday to kick off the "getting out of debt plan". I don't think I need to convince anyone it was a sad day for him. He has until Tuesday to keep riding it, then it's gone. We will be selling the motor home in order to pay off the van. Then we should be set to be poor! He is having second thoughts after getting this calling though. We will have to pray and fast some more to make sure this is the direction we should be going in. I really think it is.

He ended up coming home early, so even though he was tired and didn't feel up to it, he had promised the boys some "Dad time". They wanted to play a quick game of Basketball. What a good dad!


(I started this post on Sun. Due to laziness and not wanting to type everything over, I decided to not mess with it, Pretend it is Sunday!)

7 comments:

thecustercrew said...

Good LucK!! I know it is hard to take all the pay cuts to get to where you want to be, but it really is worth it in the end. It took us a long time but things are finally on their way up instead of down. With his new calling you will just be blessed even more. My advise for him being gone is to always have something you are working on. When Kyle was in the bishopric or in the academy, I always had a book I was reading. I used his being gone as an excuse to be a little selfish and find more time to read, just for me.

The Bach 10 said...

Chair 1 for a while!! Hold on for a few more weeks.

Glad for the both of you in his new calling. Remember big callings for husbands are also given to wives who can support and take on a little more with the family. I know your family will be blessed as he reaches out to the YM in our Stake. Who will be chair one now? You can teeze him for a while! He will love Todd Spendlove. They live across the street from us and he is awesome!! We could get together for dinners or whatever, just email me or give me a call!!

Audrey Taylor said...

Ben probably didn't argue because there was so much else he could switch his attention to. You know when you're one-on-one with your best friend for too long then you start to argue? We don't very often, but he definately lets his opinion be known when he feels like it!

Audrey Taylor said...

wow, what a good wife you are. I am shoked that he sold his motorcycle. I think it's wise to do what you can to get out of debt, even if that means selling your motorhome. So, is he thinking he might need to use it for Stake YM activities? If you sell it, then you won't have to clean it out everytime the boys get back from camping. It stinks like a locker room with candy wrappers and empty drink bottles everywhere. I know because Ben was the ward YM Pres for 4 years and he took our Durrango on every outing. Good luck with which ever decision you make!!

i said...

good guy...to part with the toys for the good of all! good mommy...sounds like it will be all you another day of the week!
good luck....

Mhari said...

Ok so I finally got an answer about that Scott Simmons talk you asked me about. His wife told me it was him but that it is an old talk no longer available. Small world huh?

Kristin said...

I hope that your and Dustin's sacrifices yield big dividends. I'm sure many blessings are being given for all his church service and the support you give him in that. Good luck these next few busy weeks and to Dustin in getting on the HP.