Friday, October 3, 2008

The Answer to One Important Question...

Remember when I asked if there was a recipe that your whole family would eat without complaints? Well, for me that question has been answered.

Dustin has been gone for the hunting season. He's on hunt #2. Thankfully that is all for the year. While he was gone, I went on strike! I refused to cook. So what have my kids been eating? Let me tell ya...hot dogs, french bread pizza, breakfast burritos, and the biggest hit yet, Ramen Noodles!! Am I kidding? No I am not. They have loved dinner, no complaints. I guess all I needed was some pre-packaged food to do the trick-although I made the burritos and the pizza. Now if I can only convince the BIG kid when he gets back!

My girls liked the Ramen so much. I came down the stairs to this:


Have to get every last drop!






They wouldn't even stop to say, "cheese." Very unusual. What does this say about my cooking?

2 comments:

Rach said...

So cute. Your family has something in common with Jane Nielson (see cjanerun)! How are you surviving with Dustin gone? You're so amazing, I'm sure you haven't even realized he's not around :) Hang in there and we'll have our turn when he gets back!

thecustercrew said...

My boys are just like your kids. If I cook something I like all I hear are complaints. Heaven forbid they should actually eat something good for them. So now when Kyle is at work I usually make something they like ex. mac and chz, pizza, hot dogs, fetaccuni(boxed of course) and they also love ramen. It just makes life easier. When Kyle is home I will usually have some sort of side that they like. When I make a roast I have to make mac and chz as a side. With soft tacos or enchiladas they have cheese tortillas. I got tired of the complaining and in Tanner's case the absolute breakdown. Now that I don't push them to eat what I am eating Logan and Wes are more willing to at least try a bite of something new. I think Tanner is a lost cause.
PS All of my kids love macaroni and tomato juice. I don't actually make it with t.juice. I use tomato sauce and add just a little water. Although Kyle doesn't like it so we always have it when he is gone.