Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dustin Surprised Me

Today my joy came from being surprised by my husband. Grace and I were making dinner. He came in and said, "Oh, I wish you hadn't made that. I'm taking you to dinner tonight." I smiled because when I sarted dinner the thought came how much I really didn't want to cook.

"We need a sitter," I told him.

"I already took care of it," he replied.

I was not even ready for a night out. I had sweats on and no make-up, but I hurried and got ready. I like surprises.

We had a fun dinner. It was nice to have one-on-one time!

5 comments:

thecustercrew said...

What a nice suprise. I am glad you had such a great night. You definately deserve it. I hope my husband can be like Dustin when he grows up.
ps Kyle right here by me.

Kristin said...

I love your joy posts! What an awesome surprise! And he even got a sitter! Way to go, Dustin!

Taryn said...

That's so terriffic! Glad that you cooked ... for the kids :)

Rach said...

I too love surprises. And I know you'll really be surprised when I actually call you and we plan a girls night out! :) I'll do it... , but do go expecting it, or it won't be a surprise!! Way to go Dustin!

Jayleen said...

I need Dustin to have a chat with my husband :)!!! I love suprises too. I'm glad you had a nice evening out!