Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Quiet Time

It is not very often that I get to lay down with Becca. The girl never holds still! I was able to read a book with her. Ten in the Meadow is one of her favorites. We read the words and played hide and seek with the cute little animals in the story. She has so much fun finding where those little critters are hiding.

After the story, she rolled over and said, "Goodnight, Mom." I felt like singing her to sleep, so I did. I started with I Love to See the Temple. She then asked for Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam. Before I knew it I had sung about all the Primary songs I could remember and she had finally given up and fallen asleep. I held her hand for what seemed like forever, kissed her, and I was able to sneak in a few Zs of my own. I love it when that happens!

4 comments:

i said...

sounds like one of the moments we live for. so glad you shared it!

Taryn said...

Precious! That sounds so peaceful- creating memories like that are the BEST!

Audrey Taylor said...

Sweet, I bet you needed that. I really like the quote you have from Spencer W. Kimball.

thecustercrew said...

What a great Mom moment. I love the little things like that. They make all of the chaos worth every minute.