Thursday, October 16, 2008

Finding Joy in the Journey

I decided I would journal all the things that bring me joy. It might be something my kids say or do, an event that happened, whatever.

I was mopping the kitchen floor today. In doing so, I took the bar stools from the bar. Somehow Becca got up on the bar. She was standing up there dancing, having a blast. When it came time to get down she couldn't. She was too frightened. She called out, "Momma, Momma help me. I can't get down!" I let her sweat it out a little, just long enough to teach her the lesson of not climbing up in the first place.

After another cry for help, I ran and got her. She cheerfully yelled out, "Oh, thank you mom. You are a super hero!" She ran around the room with arms stretched out in front of her, making flying noises.

It's great to be a Super Hero. I'd definitely rescue my kids to the ends of the earth!

0 comments: